Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of those programs that detect and eliminate viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, and other dangerous files. Undoubtedly, first-look software may seem simple and may prove to be very useful especially when used in conjunction with a classic antivirus.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works by monitoring system processes and blocking – prior to execution – those that identify as malicious. The program has two scanning modes, a ‘superficial’ and the other in-depth that, although it takes longer, is certainly the most reliable. It also comes with a memory protection module that prevents any potentially dangerous process from using memory. There is no missing quarantine space where the suspicious elements are moved.
In addition to this, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware also includes some minor options (such as File-Assassin, which eliminates Windows-locked files) that may prove useful when trying to remove the most ‘malicious’ malware.
- Scans applications and files for malware and spyware
- Scans automatically when files or apps are accessed (real-time) or only when activated manually (on-demand)
- Scans native memory and SD card
- Schedules automatic scans
- Detects Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)
- Updates the protection database automatically
- Updates over a WiFi network if preferable
- Identifies every application’s access privileges in detail
- Breaks down access privileges by category: Contacts, Identity Information, Simple Message Service (SMS), and Security Settings
- Identifies security vulnerabilities on your device, suggests remediation
- Application Manager
- Identifies which applications are currently running
- Identifies installed applications
- Enables custom whitelisting of approved apps
What’s New Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in 2017?
- Premium version
- Freemium model (remediation always free)
- Trial support (30-day trial of Premium)
- Existing users grandfathered into basic real-time protection for no extra cost
- Advanced protection (only Premium)
- Anti-ransomware, with remediation
- Real-time detection of malware
- Deep scanning to detect ransomware disguised through mutation
- Scan and install (scans apps before installation)
- Homescreen widgets
- Automatic text scans for phishing links
- SMS device control
How to Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in 2017?
- Download Apk.
- On your Android device, go to settings > security > allow unknown sources.
- Find downloaded APK on your phone and install it.
- All Done. Enjoy!